Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Letters to Joshua - Month #3

Joshua Andrew,

Happy 3 month birthday!!!
Son, I want to thank you for how peaceful and content you are.  You have to be really tired to go from fussy to crying.  Because you ask for so little, I have to make a conscious effort to assure you that you have a voice.  I know my perspective is not shared by everyone. However, I think, during this season of your life, our key building block is trust.  Trust is built by consistently being there and assuring you that you have a voice; your voice is unique; your voice, even now, matters.  I also believe that this is a way to show each other honor and that they are both loved and valued.
We do, absolutely value you.  We treasure you.  We thank God for adding you to our family.  I have greatly enjoyed getting to know you over these last 3 months and eagerly await the days ahead.
Love,
Mommy